- ABC News Kristen Bell supports moms in need
“I understand the importance of having the essential tools necessary to provide for a newborn. Greater still, I am aware of the immeasurable value of having support systems in place to ensure success on this journey of motherhood,” Bell said. “Anything I can offer in support and care to new moms in need remains a huge priority to me.”
- People: Medela, Bravado and Kristen Bell team up in support of mothers in need
“I’m so grateful this partnership with Medela and Bravado Designs allows me to donate and contribute in significant ways by changing outcomes for the at-risk mothers that Baby Buggy strives so hard to support”
- Pop Sugar: Jessica Seinfeld on the Stuart Weitzman collection for Baby Buggy (VIDEO)
“After the birth of her first child more than 13 years ago, Jessica Seinfeld founded the organization Baby Buggy, which assists families in need. Now, Baby Buggy has embarked on a new program with a fashionable twist: Jessica has designed three shoes for Stuart Weitzman, each named after one of her three kids. We caught up with Jessica at a recent party celebrating the collaboration in New York City, where she explained what about her two sons and one daughter inspired the designs — and what type of shoe she’d created for husband, Jerry.”
- Hugh Jackman discusses Fatherhood Lunch on LIVE with Kelly & Michael
- InStyle: Stuart Weitzman for Baby Buggy Collection in InStyle
- KTLA: Jessica Seinfeld discusses Baby Buggy on KTLA Morning News
- Wall St. Journal: Wall Street Journal covers Fatherhood Initiative Lunch
- NY Daily News covers Baby Buggy Fatherhood Initiative
- Kelly & Michael discuss Baby Buggy Fatherhood Initiative on Live!
- Baby Buggy Fatherhood Lunch in WWD
“Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld called on a few of their closest friends — Hugh Jackman, Michael Strahan, Marcus Wainwright, Neil Patrick Harris, Mark Consuelos and Nigel Barker — to join them at The Palm restaurant in Manhattan’s TriBeCa on Tuesday afternoon for the launch of Baby Buggy’s latest project, the Fatherhood Initiative.”
- People: Daphne Oz + Bravado support Baby Buggy moms
“I am thrilled to be a part of this donation, because I have recent knowledge of how important it is to have a great support system when you are a new mother,” says Oz. “In addition to that, having the items I needed to foster the breastfeeding process and give me an opportunity to bond with my baby in this way was something that I felt was so important in my life and my experience as a first-time mom. I love that I am able to play a role in giving that joy and support to the moms we will be helping.”
Read the complete article here!
- MyFoxLA: Baby Buggy supports Diaper Bill in CA
- Harper’s Bazaar: Baby Buggy Summer Dinner Press Coverage
“As things heated up this past weekend, The Hamptons stayed cool with a slew of fabulous bashes. Most notable was the Giorgio Armani Summer Dinner Charity Event in support of Baby Buggy”
- InStyle: Baby Buggy Summer Dinner Press Coverage
“Good food, fashion, and stars were in no shortage at Baby Buggy’s Summer Dinner this weekend in the Hamptons, New York. Hosts Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld (pictured above, both in Giorgio Armani) were joined at their home by a multitude of stylish parents including Rachel Zoe and Rodger Berman, Alec and Hilaria Baldwin, and Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick—all there to support the worthy cause”
Baby Buggy Supports Diaper Bill in California
California State Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez of the 80th District and a few leading sponsors including the Western Center on Law and Poverty, Coalition of CA Welfare Rights Organizations and the California Women’s Foundation are supporting a bill (AB 1516) to help provide an $80 per month supplement to eligible children receiving public assistance and create a public-private partnership fund to help facilitate the distribution of financial donations and diaper contributions to the neediest of families in California.
AB 1516 addresses three significant life challenges for low income families with diaper-wearing children:
1) the high price of diapers
2) the lack of public assistance for diapers and
3) the health risks when a child is left in a dirty diaper
The goals of AB 1516 are:
• Keep babies healthy: Avoid painful diaper rash, fever, hepatitis A, herpes, staphylococci, urinary tract infections, jaundice or renal failure.
• Protect public health: Dirty diapers on the move can spread hepatitis A, viral meningitis, and bacterial
• Ensure early education participation: Parents need to work. Children need to learn. A supply of clean
diapers will ensure every child has access to quality child care.
• Promote financial self-sufficiency: removing barriers between parents and long-term employment is one step in the direction of ensuring a family’s long-term job security.
Baby Buggy board member Caroline Kunitz went to Sacremento to testify to the State Senate Human Services Committee on June 24th in support of the Bill. Following is her testimony and some photos:
My name is Caroline Kunitz and I am the founder of LA Diaper Drive, the largest diaper bank in the country. Despite distributing nearly 3 million free diapers to low-income families in Los Angeles County last year, we could not meet the HUGE demand for diapers.
LA Diaper Drive is unique in that we use the diapers as incentive to get low-income parents into parenting, life skills, GED prep, and other life-improving classes.
The diapers are distributed through over 30 community-based organizations that already work with low-income families. Our partner agencies report that attendance doubles and triples in classes when diapers are introduced as an incentive to attend.
Diapers are such a powerful incentive because one-third of all moms in the country struggle to provide enough diapers for their babies. Food stamps cannot be used to buy diapers, so babies are sitting in a single dirty diaper for an entire day or more when they need up to ten a day. In order to leave their kids at most childcare facilities, parents must also leave a full day’s supply of disposable diapers, which can cost up to $100 a month. Parents who cannot afford to leave the diapers may not leave their children, forcing them to miss work or school and perpetuating the cycle of poverty.
LA Unified School District reports that more teen parents are graduating from high school rather than dropping out because the diapers they receive from us allow them to leave their kids in daycare while they attend school. Other partner agencies have told us that fewer parents are reusing diapers and that more parents are able to make ends meet because they can attend work. All report happier and healthier babies.
We strongly support A.B. 1516, a bill that will give low-income parents an opportunity to become self-sufficient by allowing them to attend work and school.
LA Diaper Drive recently merged with the national charity Baby Buggy, of which I am now a Board member. But I urge you to just put us diaper banks out of business! Vote yes on AB 1516 and I promise you, families and tushies across California will thank you.
- WWD covers Rebecca Taylor LA event to benefit Baby Buggy
“Kelly Cuoco talked candidly about her new husband, tennis pro Ryan Sweeting, saying that they had babies on the brain. “Well being at this Baby Buggy event… We both want to be parents so bad, we can’t wait,” the “Big Bang Theory” actress gushed, “So hopefully it’ll happen.”
- Los Angeles Register: Baby Buggy merges with LA Diaper Drive
- People: Sarah Michelle Gellar supports Baby Buggy at Rebecca Taylor LA Event
“My daughter [Charlotte] says to me all the time, ‘Mom, why do you look so understated?’” the actress told PEOPLE at Rebecca Taylor’s launch of the Little White Dress Collection benefitting Baby Buggy in Los Angeles.
- Us Magazine: Sarah Michelle Gellar & Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting support Baby Buggy at Rebecca Taylor LA Event
Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Kaley Cuoco (Penny on The Big Bang Theory) made a ladylike pair at the Launch of the Little White Dress Capsule Collection Benefitting Baby Buggy on June 12 in L.A.
- People: Inside Rebecca Minkoff’s ‘Magical’ Baby Shower
- Avenue: 2014 BABY BUGGY BEDTIME BASH – ANOTHER YEAR OF SUCCESS
“Hosts Jessica and Jerry Seinfeld, who founded the non-profit organization in 2001 and are now working with over 50 community based organizations, donate new or slightly used child-care essentials for families in need. Their extreme devotion and hard work has resulted in the donation of over 6 million items since 2001 with an increasing interest each year. This year’s fundraiser was sponsored in party by the 24-hour pre-school channel Sprout.”
- The Baby Buggy Bedtime Bash featured in InStyle
“I think it’s a really smart organization,” Moynahan told InStyle.com. “Yes, they give all these items to help out families which is so important but they also provide the social services to really help these families help themselves. I just love that helping aspect.”
- Baby Buggy Bedtime Bash in the NY Daily News!
- E! Online: James Van Der Beek for Baby Buggy!
James Van Der Beek and his family celebrate Easter at The Grove with Baby Buggy
- Katherine Snider, Baby Buggy’s ED, speaks with Lifestyles Magazine
- O Magazine: Makeover for Director at Baby Buggy partner site
When Baby Buggy was asked to nominate a deserving woman for a makeover for the December issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, the choice was clear: Angelina Alvarez-Davis, education site director at a Head Start in Far Rockaway, Queens. Angie’s dedication to her community, her staff and the children at her school in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and beyond is unparalleled. The Baby Buggy team is thrilled that Angie was selected for this honor!
- New York Times: Feature on Baby Buggy
“You expect to see Jessica Seinfeld at fancy galas, turned out in designer gowns and stiletto pumps, smiling for the camera on the arm of her famous husband. You do not expect to find her in a garment district warehouse, surrounded by boxes of car seats and breast pumps, lamenting how diapers can cost as much as two hours of work at the minimum wage.”
Read the complete article here!
- Parents: Jessica Seinfeld speaks about Thyme Maternity donation
“The moms we help are struggling with the very basics, so they don’t feel great about themselves every morning they wake up. They face things most of us could never comprehend. For us to give back through Thyme Maternity is almost life changing because it gives them a little bit of light in a dark time.”
Click here for the complete article
- PopSugar: Thyme Maternity in Supporting Baby Buggy’s Moms in Need
“To be working with people who really, really care about our families makes the whole experience that much richer,” said Baby Buggy founder Jessica Seinfeld. “We’ve never been able to be so focused on mothers. We’ve worked so hard with the baby gear for the past 12 years, and to now have a partner for the moms is really special.”
- Baby Buggy Summer Dinner Sponsored by Rag & Bone: Baby Buggy Summer Dinner Sponsored by Rag & Bone
- Dan’s Papers: Serena & Lily Host Private Shopping Event for Baby Buggy
“The Serena & Lily store in Wainscott was loaded with guests this morning for their shopping event to benefit Jessica Seinfeld’s charity, Baby Buggy, which provides families in need all over the United States with essential baby gear supplies.”
Click here for the complete article!
- ET News: Jamie Lynn Sigler’s Baby Shower to Benefit Baby Buggy on Entertainment Tonight
“Now in her third trimester, the former Sopranos star held her baby shower in New York on June 12. ET gained exclusive access to the event which doubled as a benefit for Baby Buggy by selling products such as Cloud B’s Twilight Turtle and Sleep Sheep.”
Click here for the complete article
- Better TV on the Bash!
- People: Baby in Blue